Awaken is a Sydney based full-service independent agency. We have grown from a kitchen table start-up, into an award-winning agency within the media and advertising landscape in Australia, in just five years.
Working across strategy, creative & media, Awaken produces award-winning work that delivers measurable outcomes for our clients
We produce sales and revenue increases that don’t just meet KPIs but blow them out of the water. We give razor-sharp cut-through of target audiences. We work to give our clients what they need in both the short and the long term. We create impact that leaves a lasting impression long after a campaign ends.
The Webby Awards 2021 for Kraken Rum:
Awaken has been honoured for Best Growth Strategy Advertising, Media & PR for Kraken Rum in the 25th Annual Webby Awards. Hailed as the “Internet’s highest honor” by The New York Times, The Webby Awards, presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS), is the leading international awards organisation honouring excellence on the Internet. IADAS, which nominates and selects The Webby Award Winners, is comprised of Internet industry experts.
The Muse Creative Awards 2021 with one platinum, four gold and two silver:
Awaken took home one platinum, four gold and two silver awards for a range of campaigns for clients Panasonic, Energizer and Kraken Rum:
- Platinum for social video and Gold for Consumer product/Services for ‘Mr Energizer powers TikTok, Twitch & Pinterest’ for Energizer Australia.
- Gold for Magazine AD (Campaign) and Silver for Online AD (Campaign) for ‘Tiny Tech, Mighty Spec. Panasonic launch the S5’ for Panasonic Australia.
- Gold for Consumer Product / Services and Silver for Branding for ‘Panasonic launches the Lumix G100 Camera’ campaign, also for Panasonic Australia.
- Gold for Integrated Marketing Campaign for ‘Kraken Rum launch their world-first premix’ for Kraken Rum,
The MarCom Awards 2021 with five platinums and a gold:
- Two Platinum awards for the ‘Make your move with the LUMIX G100 Vlogging Camera’ (Video Product and Lifestyle).
- Platinum for ‘Tiny Tech, Mighty Spec. The New Panasonic LUMIX S5’ (Magazine Ad) all for Panasonic
- Platinum for Strategic Communications for the ‘Kraken Rum launch their world-first premix – The taste you’ve been hunting for’ campaign for Proximo Australia.
- Platinum and a Gold for the Energizer Powers TikTok campaign for Energizer.
The Davey Awards 2020 with three gold and three silver:
- Gold and silver for Best Integrated campaign for Kraken Rum (Promotional & Branding and Marketing Effectiveness categories).
- Gold and silver across two different campaigns for Panasonic Australia, promoting the Lumix G100 (gold in the Social category and silver in the Products & Services category) and the Lumix S5 (gold in both the Best Magazine Ad and Best Art Direction/Graphic Design categories).
The B&T Awards 2020 - Best Media Campaign Finalist
Awaken was honoured as one of the finalists for the B&T Awards 2020 and shortlisted for our Kraken Rum - Global pre-mix launch - ‘The taste you have been hunting for’.
Awaken was named part of the Australian Financial Reviews Fast Starters List in March 2020:
This is an extraordinary achievement for Awaken, which has grown from a kitchen table start up into a force to be reckoned within the media and advertising landscape in Australia in just five years.
“This is something we have wanted to achieve as a team for several years, but our victory is bittersweet due to the timing”, says Awaken founder and CEO Chris Parker.
“I’m extremely proud of the Awaken team and humbled by the trust and support of our clients, and although it will be impossible to really celebrate this victory in the current climate, we are still enormously honoured by the recognition.”
This impressive growth has been the result of hard work and dedication, and Parker puts the company’s success largely down to the quality of his team, which has a core base of staff in Sydney and works with dedicated contractors around the world.