After directing documentaries for the BBC and Channel 4, Andy moved into fiction, making two award-winning short films. He broke into advertising shortly afterwards and carved a name for himself as a director of stylish, witty commercials with big, cinematic production values.
His ability to embrace film genres and iconic references to humorous effect has created a reputation for slick and well crafted commercials for top brands such as Nokia, Nike, Guinness, The National Lottery, E.On, Three and Honda. His Deer Hunter spoof for Revels, his Chitty Chitty Bang Bang recreation for the UK’s Road Tax office and his zombie homage for The Samaritans are all regarded as the benchmark for pastiche advertising.
But he also feels equally at home with more fragmented stories, observational “event”-type ads and vignettes, always relishing the opportunity to run with a captivating idea, adding atmosphere and wit where ever he can.
UK Represented by - 7d Ltd (www.76ltd.com)
All other territories - JSA (www.jspary.com)
Dealing with Clients
Working and collaborating with agencies around the world
Revels “Take a Chance”
– FAB Award (International Food & Beverage Creative Excellence) 2002
– APG Creative Planning Awards, Gold Award 2001
– British Television Advertising Awards, Craft Award 2002
– British Television Advertising Awards, Craft Award 2001
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter “… is better”
– Savoury Food Nomination, Cannes Lions 2011
Oxfam Coffee “Storm In A Coffee Cup”
– Bronze Award, International Film & TV Festival of New York 1988
“The Accidental Conspiracy” – Diploma of Merit, Tampere International Short Film Festival, 1996
“More Is Less” – Audience Award, ‘Brief Encounters’ International Short Film Festival, Bristol, 1997
“The MUTE Series”
– Best International Series at the Buenos Aires Festival Internacional de Series Web 2016
– TOP FIVE Indie Series of 2016, Tubefilter