Protecting today. Inspiring tomorrow.
Who we are, what we do, and why the ACA is important.
We believe in the power of creative leadership to drive sustainable change.
Our governing regulations
We are the change we want to see. We therefore support the concept of self-regulation in advertising, and abide by the Advertising Regulatory Board Code which seeks to regulate advertising in the public interest.
The ACA is represented on relevant ARB committees and is actively involved in ongoing revisions to the code.
The ACA enforces self-regulation, and is steadfast in its promise to:
* promote agency and professional transformation in order to remove barriers that may prevent access for disadvantaged groupings
* discourage dishonest and undesirable practices in advertising and related fields of activity, and to promote self-regulation of advertising standards
* state commonly accepted practice in the profession, so that both advertisers and agencies are aware of their respective rights and obligations
* encourage fair remuneration for advertising and communications agencies
* be an advocate of advertising and freedom of commercial speech.
The ACA code of conduct is a shared vision.
We are committed
to the transformation of the industry. After all, the future of our profession will be shaped by our actions today. Members are therefore expected to adhere to the ACA Transformation Charter and to comply with directives by the ACA to effect the principles and philosophy of the Charter.
freedom of commercial speech and advertising for products and services that are legally sold, as long as such advertisements are legal, decent, honest, truthful and not harmful or misleading.
in healthy competition among our members, such as is appropriate in a free market economic system, but seek to ensure that competitive activity is at all times ethical.
that it is impossible to formulate precise rules to regulate a diverse and dynamic industry and therefore undertake to observe not only the letter but also the spirit of the General Principles and Code of Conduct.
that transgressions of the letter and/or spirit of these principles and code by members of the ACA be reported and dealt with in terms of the ACA Memorandum and Articles.