We make knowledge entertainment through experiences that matter.
Using our creative expertise, relationships and technology we will push the boundaries of storytelling and take consumers to new worlds of enhanced reality.
Happy - We are happy to come to work and happy to be at work.
Hungry - We are passionate about our mission, and we come to work hungry to deliver.
Honest - We take an honest, responsible and sustainable approach to everything we do
Human Centered - Everything we do is about our customers.
Humble - We are humble enough to want to learn every day.
High Quality - We aim high and take huge pride in producing the highest quality work possible.
Factory 42 is looking for a UK based 3D Animator (Creatures) to work on our cutting edge VR and AR projects. We craft numerous world first experiences that blend the world of games, theatre and immersive technology to create amazing moments for our audiences. We are looking for candidates, who can work remotely with some office-based work in London
• Animating realistic real-time 3D characters, animals, creatures, machines, props
• Collaborating with other animators on the complex scenes
• Assisting in character setup, rigging, blendshapes
• Retargeting and editing existing animation clips
• Working with the Design department to understand the interactions and gameplay and incorporate them into character animation flow
• Integrating animations in-engine
• Helping to improve the existing workflows
• Working with other departments to achieve the best possible results through teamwork
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Portfolio demonstrating artistic flair, a keen eye for detail, and experience in animating photo-realistic creatures in 3D
• Great understanding of animals and creatures locomotion
• Good understanding of characters’ acting and staging
• Feeling comfortable with various animation styles (from realistic to cartoony)
• Ability to research and suggest motion references
• Ability to interpret storyboards and verbal suggestions
• Ability to plan the animation sequence, creating anim layout
• Willingness to adapt, learning new tools and techniques
• Working in a team, sharing the knowledge
• Experience with character setup, rigging and skinning
• Understanding of game animation workflows and limitations
• Professional game animation experience
• Mo-cap experience is a plus
• Scripting and anim tools creation, process automation skills
• MEL / Python script experience is a plus
• Understanding of Procedural animation techniques is a big plus
• A passion for VR/AR/MR and immersive experiences
• Has some good animation jokes :D
• Maya, custom rigs and HumanIK
• MotionBuilder is a plus
• Unity - knowledge very welcome
Candidates will be invited to a video call to meet the team, learn more about Factory 42 and the proposed opportunity, as well as ask any initial questions.
N.B Successful candidates will be required to sign an NDA.
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all and specifically prohibit discrimination of every type.
Our policy is always to ensure that all persons are treated fairly irrespective of their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, neurodiversity, political beliefs, trade union membership or non-membership, marital, physical or mental status or any other factors including pregnancy and maternity.
We will endeavour to provide those who have physical or mental disabilities with specific assistance and arrangements to enable them to work for us wherever and whenever this is reasonably practical.
Our company is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation.
We will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.