As a multi-disciplined creative, your primary role is to act as the design lead, owning projects while delivering work with brilliant creative ideas, exceptional design and craft skills, and smart strategic thinking.
We expect our Senior Designers to drive the work, solving complex problems, taking responsibility for the detail, embracing feedback and constant changes on projects. They are consistently proactive, accountable and responsive, instantly adapting to any situation.
You are responsible for:
- playing a pivotal role on the client team, driving the work from conception through to delivery on multiple a larger client or on multiple smaller projects simultaneously
- having a strong understanding of the strategy and using this insight to contribute to the work
- giving constructive direction and guidance to the designers working with you
- making confident design decisions, ensuring you bring others on the journey with you
- being convincing and influential when presenting ideas and creative work to multiple stakeholders
- exploring new tools and visual ways to execute ideas
- seeking and listening to feedback and using it to build on ideas and push the your and other’s work further
- partnering and guiding our client’s design team
- demonstrating commercial awareness on projects by highlighting concerns and proposing solutions surrounding the standard of work being achieved within resourced time
- contributing to the recruitment and growth of our interns and juniors
- taking part and leading Wolff Olins initiatives internally and with outside partners
- bringing a strong creative point of view to Wolff Olins culture and rituals
You will have a good understanding of brand and have been part of a team working to develop and craft real brand experiences.
You will be credible in one of our core disciplines of graphic design, interaction design or motion graphics.
You will have experience of being the lead designer on workstreams.
- Be imaginative - you generate original ideas favouring radical solutions. You should develop concepts that focus on the root cause and create a clear vision. You are interested in the underlying principles of an idea and comfortable in applying theory.
- Explore the world - you analyse information, ask probing questions and have a passion for finding solutions. You understand the logic behind arguments and ensure you have established all the relevant facts behind them.
- Take responsibility - You meet the deadline and are focused on ensuring the task at hand is fully completed. You champion your craft, and are meticulous about the detail.
- Create impact - you are persuasive and articulate. You clearly express your point of view and support others in developing and articulating theirs. You should be confident when challenging your team and looking to negotiate the best deal.
Our focus on people and the world:
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world. We set out to equip our people with the knowledge, confidence and tools to do the best work of their lives. Our purpose is to help our people create transformative brands that push businesses, people and the world forward. We are happy to discuss flexible working