This role is the storytelling engine within projects and client programs. Working with Strategy Directors, Creative Directors, strategists and designers on amplifying the messages we want to communicate across content we produce. You will be responsible for helping brands find their voice and tell their stories, shape how they’re positioned and create content to communicate their messages—from manifestos, to film scripts to headlines in communications and product experiences.
We expect our Senior Copywriter to drive the work by mastering their craft, solving complex problems, taking responsibility for the detail, embracing feedback and constant changes on projects. They are consistently proactive, accountable and responsive, adapting to any situation.
You are responsible for:
- Working closely with designers and strategists to add a strong verbal dimension to our creative output, for example:
- Bringing brand strategy to life in creative ways. Help bring the way we describe the strategy to life, write a manifesto for the brand, articulate the brand's personality, create stories around the brand
- Bringing creative ideas to life
- Work closely with the designers and strategists on the job to create powerful ideas for products, services, communications, etc.
- Creating brand voice principles and helping to create before/after examples
- Craft messaging themes and key messages that pay off brand strategy
- Support naming work and generate names for brands, products, services, initiatives, etc.
- Writing copy for an ad, a smartphone app, a set of brochures, a website home page, a Facebook page or a campaign to get staff engaged
- Focus on writing copy
- Brainstorming ideas with other team members
- Discuss your ideas in internal workshops and ideations as well as client work sessions and presentations
- Occasionally, proofread copy for deliverables on your projects
You should be:
- An inventive, original thinker with a talent for words
- Able to write different types of creative copy (long, short, headlines, stories) for a wide range of audiences and purposes
- Highly collaborative, able to work well with designers, strategists and engagement managers
- Keen to understand the bigger picture of our clients and their worlds [including business strategy, customer/consumer insights, client dynamics]
- Able to maintain a good eye for detail
- Articulate and persuasive in presenting your work
- Able to work in teams, under pressure and deliver against deadlines
Our focus on people and the world:
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world. We set out to equip our people with the knowledge, confidence and tools to do the best work of their lives. Our purpose is to help our people create transformative brands that push businesses, people and the world forward.