Note: Applications will only be accepted through our online portal
Are you a goal oriented and dedicated HR Professional looking to join an inclusive and high-performing culture in the creative industry?
The Embassy Visual Effects Inc. is hiring a Human Resources Manager to join their team!
Who We Are
We are an independent creative studio with expertise in visual effects and production. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s Digital District aka Mount Pixel, we work with global production companies, agencies and brands, in film, television and advertising.
What We Do
We provide an integrated approach to visual effects production from concept to delivery including design, direction & post-production. With 20 years' experience creating best in class visual effects, we utilize CGI, animation, motion graphics and compositing to create compelling imagery. We have crafted award-winning visual effects for the world’s most recognized brands and film franchises.
You are a Senior HR professional with demonstrated experience in recruitment and selection, employee relations, conflict resolution, training and development, and HR-related legislation.
You are comfortable implementing and executing projects that support strategic human resource goals, as well as using your expertise to give advice to management and stakeholders. You have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and are passionate about driving an engaging, positive culture.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives to identify, attract, align and retain talent
- Manage full-cycle recruitment and selection process to ensure The Embassy is competitive within the VFX market
- Help build and maintain a great work environment and inclusive company culture
- Serve as a dedicated point of contact on available immigration options, internal guidelines, and/or education on new or changing policies
- Consult with outside consultants to administer work permit documentation (LMIA, NAFTA, etc.)
- Coordinate internal and external Training and Development initiatives; implement and manage benefit programs
- Manage new hire onboarding and ensuring new hires have a smooth integration onto their team
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Manage long-term career development
- Facilitate, prepare and deliver performance reviews
- Providing regular status updates to all stakeholders and meeting regularly with employees to answer any questions or provide clarity
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to the management team
Your Background and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in progressively responsible Human Resource roles
- Knowledge of compensation, benefits and other related HR experience
- Working knowledge of HR legislation and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience in the development and implementation of HRIS or ERP Systems
- Possess knowledge of MS Office suite, including Word and Excel
- Ability to positively influence, negotiate, partner and coach others
Your Perks & Benefits
- Emphasis on work/life balance – We believe in balance!
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Ample-cross training opportunities to further your growth goals
- A fun, creative, and collaborative environment
- Dog-friendly workplace. (Once we’re back in the office)
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? Apply today with your resume and cover letter!
APPLY HERE » https://the-embassy-vfx-inc.hiringthing.com/job/278067/human-resources-manager
Commitment to COVID-19 Safety
Our top priority is providing a safe and healthy workplace for our artists and support staff. As the situation surrounding COVID-19 evolves, we continue to monitor and follow the directives of the government and WorkSafeBC to ensure a secure working environment. Staff will continue to work remotely from home until the situation surrounding COVID-19 stabilizes, after which time a hybrid model will be in place in accordance with health guidelines.