About the Role
At 3angrymen our goal is to make brilliant films for brilliant people, whatever the budget, whatever the brief. We specialise in creating branded short-form content and have made films for clients including the NSPCC, Scouts, Schroders, BBC, Open University, The Samaritans and Crisis.
We’re looking for a director to come and work with us in-house, to help us develop and make films - whether that’s a charity TVC, an animation aimed at teenagers, an internal comms film for an international bank or a short documentary for a national charity.
You will be responding to briefs, coming up with ideas, writing treatments and proposals and then working alongside our producers and post-production team to guide films through production to delivery.
Who We’re Looking For
As an in-house director with us you need to be a resourceful filmmaker, focussed storyteller and confident creative writer. You will be adaptable to different mediums, different subjects and different audiences - excited to embrace new challenges with each project you work on, ambitious to make your next film better than the last.
As part of a small team, you will need to be comfortable stepping outside of your comfort zone and learning new skills, confident in your taste and unafraid to challenge your teammates to go the extra mile. We need a creative leader with tireless attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high standards - enthusiastic, considerate, resourceful and resilient at all times.
Essential Skills & Requirements
Successful candidates will:
- be excited about producing a variety of content, both corporate and creative
- have minimum 3 years relevant directing experience
- be comfortable working with client feedback and constructive criticism
- be able to sell an idea on the page, with experience writing creative proposals/treatments
- be a confident leader and creative contributor
- be a comfortable and capable camera operator
- be extremely well organised, a proactive planner
- have an excellent working knowledge of Adobe Premier
- have excellent written and spoken English
Ideally the candidate will also
- have experience creating commercially focused work
- have experience working within a production company or creative agency
- be a keen follower of the production / creative / advertising industry
- be up to date with the latest Covid related workspace guidelines
If you like our work and think you can make it even better, please apply via our online application form: https://3angrymen.com/job-spec-director-november-2021