The LS team is expanding and looking for a Production Assistant to join their Manchester team!
As a Production Assistant you will be assisting on stills and motion productions. Tasks may include (but are not limited to); production kit handling, casting assistance, coordinating covid testing, researching and booking travel & accommodation, organising catering, props & wardrobe support, assisting with booking crew, permissions, child licensing, document preparation and petty cash. These tasks will be guided by the Producer or Production Manager. Where required, you will attend photo and motion shoots.
As a hardworking production office, no day is ever the same. In addition to your role as a Production Assistant, you will support general office tasks as and when required. This support will include tasks such as ensuring the office as a whole is client-ready and the purchasing of office supplies, readying general waste & recycling for collection, managing post, scanning, courier bookings, and most importantly, looking after the office plants!
You must have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude with the ability to work to important deadlines. Good communication skills and time management are essential. You must be able to work within a team, enjoy problem solving and adapt to new situations and challenges.
You will work remotely or from LS’ Manchester office at 19 Mason St, Manchester, England, M4 5FT. LS operate a hybrid working policy, but you will be required to work from the office, approximately 1 or 2 days a week and more when there are live jobs / shoots, or you need to prepare the production kit or keep on top of the office management. You will be required to travel across the UK to go on set where required and expenses will be provided for this.
You will report directly to Emilie Dumas, Head of Production, however when involved in an LS Productions shoot you should report to the relevant Producer or Production Manager. You should also keep Abi Atkinson, Senior Producer informed with regards to time in lieu and days off as Head of Manchester office.
● Assisting with accommodation, travel and transport booking and coordination
● Assisting in casting sessions, casting and talent liaison and coordination
● Assisting in the production planning, scheduling, call sheets, covid testing
● Preparation and management of production kit for shoots
● Management of Mifis & printers for on set
● Management of craft and catering on set
● Assisting in the wrapping of shoots including Petty cash and Visa returns
● Filing expenses and credit card reconciliation for Producer and PM
● Data entry and files organisation in operating system File Maker & GoogleDrive
● Paperwork management
● You must be proactive and self-sufficient, managing your time well
● Strong work ethic and a positive attitude with the ability to work to deadlines
● Problem solving whilst adapting to new situations and challenges
● Hardworking & confident in collaborating with team members
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Competent use of Microsoft Office, G Drive, Google Sheets
● Excellent organisation skills
● Fast learner
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com by Tuesday 19th October 2021. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The application must contain:
● Cover Letter (two pages maximum) addressing your suitability for the position and interest in working with LS Productions.
● CV (which should include a list of your credits: brand / production company / director / producer).
● Salary expectations.
● Where you heard about LS Productions.
● LS Productions is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among their workforce and the crew they engage. It is within their best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace. LS’ aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that the Company is representative of all sections of society. Each employee will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result.
● Applications will be shortlisted and only candidates who appear to be suitable will be called for an interview.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
● Starting date: ASAP.
● Contract Duration: Full-time.
● Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience.
● Location: Manchester.
** Deadline Tuesday 19th October 2021 **
LS Productions is the UK's largest production service company providing expert local knowledge on commercials, film and TV, music videos, fashion and sport campaigns. The team believes in unlocking the UK’s potential for photo and film projects based out of offices in Edinburgh, Manchester and London.
LS’ reputation, locally and internationally, is built upon professionalism and a sustainable production agenda and is strengthened by a ‘people-first’ attitude. The nationwide team provides UK-based and international clients with world-class production and location knowledge, offering an unrivalled depth of logistical understanding.
Founded in Edinburgh in 2006 by Marie Owen (CEO), the team has filmed the length and breadth of the UK working with a range of brands, production companies, film studios and agencies including: Adidas, Anonymous Content, BMW, Havas, HBO, Netflix, Porsche, Pulse Films, Ralph Lauren, Rogue Films, Stink Films, Somesuch, and Vogue.
Over the past year LS have celebrated international success with a Grammy nomination for our work on the Harry Styles music video Adore You, as well as several international film & TV projects, most notably the recently released Steven Soderbergh movie Let Them All Talk starring Meryl Streep.
It doesn't stop here. We are an ambitious team with an inclusive and positive culture – Be Kind, Do Kind.