We ask that a portfolio of your work is submitted in place of a 'cover letter'. alongside your up-to-date cv and an indication of your salary expectations.
You must have the right to work in the UK, without sponsorship
- You will report to, work closely with, and be mentored by, the Executive Creative Director of Wavemaker Studio.
- The creative team works across Wavemaker and in Wavemaker Content as a core part of our inhouse Wavemaker Studio
- Our primary role is to crack and execute strategic and creative briefs working across a diverse range of clients, categories and business models – working with the client strategy teams and thereafter with the Studio production team
- Our secondary role is to inspire creativity and innovative ways of thinking and doing across the agency by regularly sharing great work, insight and actively taking part in Agency-wide brainstorms and proactive idea generation sessions
- Because we work across a diversity of clients and types of briefs, with a wide range of external and internal partners in a collaborative way, this demands a special kind of creative – versatile, collaborative, strategic, tenacious, accountable, resourceful and audience-first
- -Technical proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite , Photoshop, Microsoft suite.
- - A portfolio of work for brand(s), media owner(s) or creative / media agency.
- -Strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiastic and reliable team player.
- - An understanding of media channels including social.
- - An interest in tech and emerging tech welcomed
- You could be a junior to midweight creative ready for a career-defining next step – you may be currently working as a freelancer, a brand, media owner or agency
- We are looking for a creative pair or two singles. Copywriting skills are required for one of a pair or a single. Interest in tech and how people use it is welcomed.
- You will be bringing creative executional craft and skills into the team, however you are a strategic insightful creative, with a drive to solve problems. The creation and delivery of insightful compelling ideas is your primary focus.
- You’re driven by a keen interest in people, what makes them tick and inspired as much by the context in which your ideas live as the message itself. You want to make work that works. You are self-motivated and resourceful.
About the role
- In the day to day, you will work closely with the creative team; with production in Studio; and client teams to ensure your ideas are delivered in an integrated fashion
- Our creative team and Studio is relatively flat in structure, an open, generous, collaborative mindset is important to us.
- - Idea creation, development and execution working solo or with others in the creative team and the wider brief team – this is in response to briefs, new business pitches and proactively cracking ideas for clients to solve long term challenges
- - Bringing ideas and concepts to life in a clear, creative and compelling way that gets them over the line, through creative craft eg: copywriting, art direction/ design skills required
- - Working collaboratively with Studio, the project team & specialists across Wavemaker Content, Wavemaker and external partners on creative requirements on a brief across all stages
- -Finding and curating relevant deep insight and inspiration to back up ideas for effective sell-in
- -Plays an active role in effective and stimulating idea generation and development sessions
- -Proactively seeks out and shares relevant innovation and creative stimulus and opportunities to inspire and enable the wider agency as well as immediate teams
- -Comfortable with presenting ideas either internally or externally with clarity, with the ability to hear and understand feed back and respond to it appropriately
- -Work flexibly and reactively with our Studio and Content workflow process
Wavemaker Content is our award-winning creative, innovation and content collective.
Driven by Wavemaker’s mission to positively provoke growth for our clients, we create for the moment. In other words, our purpose is to create with content, technology and media to actively integrate brands into everyday life. We work to understand when, why and how a brand can bring real value to a moment. And we create precise, memorable solutions for each one.
Within Wavemaker Content lies our in-house Wavemaker Studio where we create and make. Packed with positive provocateurs by design - a combination of creative, innovation, production skills - bound by our entrepreneurial mindset. Our shared mission is to turn ideas into reality.
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fuelled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster.
Our 7,200 people across 88 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company. Discover more on wavemakerglobal.com, Twitter and LinkedIn