This job listing is for a full time position for a Nuke VFX Finishing Artist here at Wash.
Wash is a boutique post production facility in Farringdon, London. We specialise in colour grading, finishing and VFX for commercials, music promos and feature films.
We are looking for someone with a creative eye and ability to problem solve and offer solutions to meet our clients needs and deliver on their creative visions. Being in a small, close knit team, the ideal candidate will also share Wash’s ethos of a collaborative and friendly approach to work. The role will give the candidate autonomy and ability to lead projects from a VFX point of view.
Projects will vary vastly from day to day. There will be compositing, clean up, beauty work, graphics, onlining/finishing, clocking - depending on the project.
- – Creating high-quality digital composites and visual effects for TVCs, Music Promos, Features and Television
- – Seamlessly integrate all the layers or elements of a shot, including live-action and computer graphics elements
- – Working from briefs through to final delivery on VFX projects.
- – Compositing 2D, 3D and live action elements to a professional standard.
- – Working closely with production and colourists in a streamline workflow.
- – Understanding of Clearcast and Commercial delivery partner requirements.
- – Strong experience with online finishing; for TVCs, online, music videos and longer form projects.
- – Communicating effectively with clients.
- – Run attended sessions in suites with clients.
- – Meeting schedules and project deadlines.
- – Ability to multitask and balance the creative and technical requirements for each project.
- – Managing client expectations.
- – Being able to accurately quote for each project.
- – Being resourceful, ability to coordinate additional freelancers to assist when needed, whilst taking the lead on a project.
- – Maintaining our client base, and nurturing your own client network.
- – Operate Nuke Studio at a professional level.
- – A good understanding of working colour spaces and VFX workflows.
- – Ability to do any required tracking (both 2D and 3D).
- – Create Mattes for Colourists.
- – Clean up and beauty work.
- – Online TVC/Broadcast Clocking Experience and Clearcast understanding.
- – Ability to Conform XML/AAF/EDL and Render Broadcast Spec from Nuke.
- – Strong communication and team playing skills.
- – Must have extensive experience working with clients including directors and agency. creatives from initial meetings through to final delivery.
- – Ability to attend shoots and supervise VFX requirements on-set.
- – Will be required to break-down and quote on VFX projects.
- – Experience of other 3D CG and Compositing software a bonus.
- – Ability to react to changes efficiently and meet delivery deadlines.
- – Have the ability to deal with client issues quickly and effectively, seeking assistance when required.
- – Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- – A pro-active and collaborative work ethic.
- – A strong eye for detail.
- – The ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com