About the Company
The Futz Butler is a bespoke original music, audio post-production and sound design house, specialising in delivering unforgettable work to clients as diverse as Sir Paul McCartney, Nike, the BBC, EMI, Adidas, Jimmy Choo and The FA.
With four recording studios in the heart of Holborn and a roster of over 50 International composers and producers, we create everything from three-note audio branding to full feature film score (and everything in between).
We’re a team of hard working, creative minds that always put in the work to make sure we’re a cut above the rest. We love what we do, we always push the boundaries and like to do things differently. We’re a small, close knit and sociable team and we make sure we have a laugh while we’re doing our thing. We help each other, we look after each other, we all muck in to help each other and we celebrate each other’s successes.
We’re a sociable, passionate and close knit team, who place creative ideas and good people at the heart of everything we do. And we love what we do - every day is different. We're unashamedly chasers of the unchased.
We were raised on good manners, mutual respect and rolling your sleeves up and putting in the graft. Look after the small things and the bigger picture will take care of itself, being sure we celebrate and enjoy it as a team when it all comes together. We look out for each other, mucking in together to help achieve meaningful success for one another. Because people work with people, not companies.
In this exciting central role, you’ll be working across every area of the company to ensure the smooth running of day to day operations. From administrative work to premises management, assisting clients and our writers and producers, you’ll be hands-on with our studios, as well as helping our marketing team with producing content.
This role is for someone with a positive can-do attitude, who has a passion for music and sound but also understands the importance of great client service. We’re looking for a team player, who is hungry to learn from the exposure to every area of the business, handling an ever evolving portfolio and dealing with a fresh and varied workload from one week to the next.
We invest in all our people. Listen well, learn and put in the graft and we can offer routes for the right candidate to forge their own dynamic career as a central figure in the company in the future.
This role will primarily be carried out at our WC1 studios with occasion travel required.
Applicants must be London / South-East based (in commutable distance from Central London within an hour or so).
- Keeping the facility clean, tidy and presentable at all times
- Opening and closing the facility
- Basic fixes around the building
- Dealing with suppliers & keeping the facility well stocked
- Taking deliveries
- Answering phones, dealing with bookings and enquiries
- Studio maintenance, arranging repairs and upkeep of gear and instruments
- Greeting clients & taking care of their requirements, including refreshments pre & during sessions
- Assisting Composers, Producers and Engineers
- Basic engineering tasks including set up of mics, sessions, dial-in links and cameras
- Simple audio editing and comping
- Backup and file archiving
General administrative tasks
Traits and values we are looking for:
- A positive open-minded can-do attitude
- Honest and hard working
- Ability to follow instructions clearly
- Organisation and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly and effectively research and deliver detailed information or options
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to work closely within a team
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Creative outlook
- A sense of style, edge and an appetite for the unconventional, in-touch with latest trends
- A passion for music and creative culture
Job Details + Salary
Permanent | Full Time | c £22k
Probation period of 3 months
25 days holiday + bank holidays (prorated)
(All applicants must be legally entitled to work in the UK)
Our hiring process
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a short telephone interview between 11th-13th August 2021
- Start date - early September 2021