About the role
Joining our frontend development team, your main focus will be working on developing Cube, our content production and digital asset management platform for brands and advertising agencies. As all developers in the Lab, you’ll be responsible for your own code that’s clean, easily maintainable and of high quality. This means writing, testing and deploying features, and iterating based on QC feedback.
We are a small, friendly team of designers, developers, strategists, and business leads, so this is an opportunity to have a high impact on the product and collaborate with people from various disciplines. Day-to-day you’ll work with the frontend team lead, the product design team, and the backend team.
Do you have outstanding programming skills and a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative applications? Then this job might be for you.
- Have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant field
- You’ve got at least one year of experience in a role building web apps or services, ideally at a small or midsize organization
- You’re familiar with web development fundamentals and modern techniques, and have a strong drive for high code quality
- Experience with test driven development
- You’re proud of creating a slick, well-designed, and innovative application
- You know how to get your way out of a bad rebase
- You’re eager to learn, ask questions, give and receive feedback, and develop yourself
- You’re a proactive problem-solver who cares about users and what they need from our platform
- You like exploring and leveraging new technology, standards and protocols as they emerge
- You get excited at the thought of joining a small but growing product team within an established creative company
- You’re able to express yourself with full professional proficiency of the English language and can provide clear updates on the progress of development (Dutch is a nice-to-have)
- Experience working in the creative industry and an understanding of media formats and video processing is a nice-to-have
You have experience working with:
- Typescript, React, Redux, JSS
- Proper experience with ES6/ES2015 and beyond
- Modular/component-based frameworks
Ambassadors is a creative production studio with a team of over eighty artists, creatives, composers, directors, designers, and producers crafting the finest creative content in advertising, film, and art. Founded in 2007 and with three studios across Amsterdam and New York, Ambassadors always aims to live up to its name as the ambassadors of craft.
About Ambassadors Lab
Working under the umbrella of creative production studio Ambassadors, the Ambassadors Innovation Lab is focused on creating tools and workflows that change how brands, creative agencies and production companies work. Our key project is Cube, a digital asset management and creative automation tool for brands and agencies. Developed in 2011 and used by companies including Booking.com and TBWA, Cube helps teams streamline production workflows to effectively scale creative content. Check out the Cube website for more.
Working at Ambassadors Lab means:
- A role in a company that solves business problems for industry-leading clients such as Booking.com, VodafoneZiggo and more
- Learn Fridays, so 10% of your week can be used to develop new skills and potential side projects within the Ambassadors Innovation Lab
- The opportunity to learn from a close-knit, inclusive team of tech enthusiasts with innovative mindsets and an international outlook
- Flexible working hours from home for now, and once it’s safe we’ll get together for healthy team lunches, office drinks, team activities, in-person training opportunities and more
If you’re excited about taking on this role, we’d love to hear from you!
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT THE JOB PAGE. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL OR CALL.