Fact & Fiction is seeking a self-motivated and well-connected Business Development Director capable of identifying, qualifying, pursuing and winning strategic, creative and production new business opportunities. The Business Development Director will combine their current depth of agency and content creation experience with a rapidly acquired knowledge of Fact & Fiction agency history, case studies, current business and strategic direction to directly contribute to the growth and success of our team. The Business Development Director reports to the agency Founder and will partner with Fact & Fiction leadership to procure and cultivate exciting new client relationships through strong leadership, organization and business acumen.
Fact & Fiction is an insight-based creative and content shop that builds brands people care about and makes campaigns worth paying attention to. Based in Boulder, Colorado, Fact & Fiction is structured to make at the speed of modern, combining strategy, creative and full content production capabilities into one collaborative team. Tactically, our executions take many forms from video and social to design and experiential, but we always start with the idea first and an end goal in mind.
Day in the Life
-- Partner with the agency Founder and the Head of Account Service to lead agency growth and business development efforts. You’ll lead (and close) marketing, advertising and production engagements with clients across industries to drive revenue and creative opportunity.
-- Be an ambassador for Fact & Fiction’s unique model, values and partnership value.
-- Build a robust pipeline by researching, qualifying and prioritizing opportunities with a focus on the right relationship fit and scale.
-- Develop communications by understanding the pain points and modern needs of CMOs/Brand Managers of Fortune 500 and/or other major brands and bring actionable solutions in the form of Fact & Fiction engagement opportunities and project work.
-- Actively follow up with and/or pursue relationships with new business leads and through a strategically sound and valuable contact cadence to ensure Fact & Fiction stays top of mind.
-- Set standards and capture best practices for prospecting through close.
-- Confidently lead creds presentations and complete written RFP/RFIs in the Fact & Fiction voice.
-- Conduct targeted marketing and outbound activities.
-- Document and report new business pipeline, priorities and potential internally to support proactive resourcing and staffing decisions.
-- Write well-defined scope and proposal documents and identify proactive growth opportunities.
Here's what you need to get our attention
-- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or equivalent work experience.
-- 7+ years of experience in an agency, creative or content production sales role.
-- A HUNTER MENTALITY!
-- A demonstrated track record of generating new relationships, winning national accounts and driving substantial account growth (1M+)
-- Proven ability to package and sell agency services, including strategy, advertising, social media, design, creative, content production, etc.
-- Ability to connect our agency value proposition, case studies and capabilities in a way that is contextually relevant and compelling for each new prospect, never using an off-the-shelf approach.
-- Proven success collaborating and leading a cross functional team through the pitch process.
-- Understanding of modern marketing needs, trends and approaches.
-- Exceptional communication skills and experience working with senior client leadership.
-- Ability to build trust-based relationships with both tactical and strategic decision makers.
-- Strong writing, deck development and presentation skills.
-- Strong business and marketing strategy skills.
-- Ability to travel (up to 20%)
Here's what will make us call you for sure
- Competitive Spirit: Has a keen sense of what keeps how our offerings play in the marketplace and understands how to position the agency as the solution to identified challenges of potential clients. Effectively researches industries, uncovers their main friction points, and has the ability to define the ideal client partner profile. Our ideal candidate understands that the top of the funnel is a critical priority and is consistently working ways to find future Fact & Fiction partners.
- Student of the Industry: You’re up to speed on what’s going on in our field. You know who’s making great work, track when there is a new CMO and have tabs on who’s probably going to RFP in Q4. You also love advertising, creative and contributing to building great relationships that result in amazing work.
- Solution-First Selling: Actively and empathetically listens to a potential client's challenges, asking the right questions at the right time in order to deliver the right opportunities to bring the right solutions, expand scope, or sell in other offerings - all in a way that puts the client's business first.
- Time Management: You can effectively multitask multiple opportunities at the same time and demonstrate the ability to identify the effort and timing required between various stages of the sales cycle to keep it moving forward.
- Relationship Building: Whether with potential clients, existing clients, BU leads, or executive management, you lead with a relationship focused approach. We’re not selling software, we’re selling partnership, ideas and execution. It’s vital that we create emotional engagement, trust and respect in order to deliver the right solutions to move business forward.
- Negotiation Skills: Effectively navigates the process to help prospects see the essentialness of Fact & Fiction and our contribution to their success. Is fearless when it comes to asking for a yes and yet has the ability to navigate back to an area of opportunity when the answer is no.
And if we haven't convinced you yet, here is why you'll want to be part of our team:
COME AS YOU ARE: your gender, your gods, your sex life, your skin color or your big shot uncle don't make a difference here. Fact & Fiction LLC is a progressive and open-minded meritocracy. If you're smart and good at what you do, come as you are.
Please click here to apply: https://factandfiction.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=35
Add “apps.bamboohr.com” to your contact list so you don’t miss any emails from us regarding the application!