Clemenger BBDO is looking for an Art Director to join our team in Melbourne.
The Creative Art Director creates and executes ideas to deliver effective, engaging creative campaigns, as judged by the Creative Directors, Clients, category and the wider industry. As a Creative Art Director, you are responsible for the creation and execution of advertising concepts. Key to producing effective, great work will be:
- The ability to be inspired and to inspire.
- The ability to understand creative briefs and strategic objectives of your clients.
- The ability to talk persuasively and compelling about creative work.
- Champion the creative point of view and product.
- You will need to demonstrate excellent knowledge of the industry, in particular around marketing and communication concepts and their execution.
- You will also need an excellent understanding of what makes for standout creative work and the ability to engage and demonstrate your ideas effectively.
- You will also need to develop knowledge of your clients' business and the role of creative in achieving their objectives.
As the Creative Art Director, you will be responsible with your Copywriter for creating and producing excellent campaigns that are flawlessly executed. In particular, this will include:
- Developing and producing campaigns: TV, radio, digital, press, magazine, posters, outdoor billboards, brochures, direct mail pieces, audio-visuals, music etc.
- Adhere to creative briefs, budgets and timings.
- Attend all necessary agency and client meetings.
- Creative supervision of all production.
- Session supervision, directing talent, checking sound effect, music selection, mix etc.
- Talent selection with Copywriter – casting, briefing for set construction, props, wardrobe, food styling, etc.
- Selecting production companies, directors and editors.
- Attending pre-production meetings, shoot and edit.
- Supervision of projects in progress through to final completion.
As part of your role as Creative Art Director, you will be required to participate and at times lead both internal and external client meetings.
This will include
- Leadership – you will be expected to contribute to key creative meetings with clients, ensuring the creative view is well presented with adequate support and evidence.
- Presentation of work – you will be required to play an active role, along with Creative Directors, GAD, Planner in the presentation of creative and strategic work. This will include contributing to the development and delivery of persuasive presentations.
You will be required to develop strong relationships within the agency and with clients founded on a culture of honesty, respect and reliability. As Creative Art Director, you will be required to develop strong relationships with your Copywriter, agency teams and clients. Key to this will be developing strong relationships with:
- Clients – you will be required to develop strong client relationships. This will be a genuine partnership founded on an understanding of the client business, marrying it with the agency agenda resulting in a fruitful and positive relationship where great ideas can flourish.
- Internal Stakeholders – key relationships will be with Creative Directors, Account Management, Planners and Production, with whom you will need to work in partnership to develop creative responses to client briefs. In addition, you will need strong relationships where you will need to command the wider team's respect and trust.
About this company
Our belief in Creativity is always the answer is all about responding brilliantly and profoundly to any problem as if it is a question.
We are all about creating ideas of value, through enduring, progressive and pioneering methods, for sustainable, disproportionate and extraordinary outcomes for the country's most culturally significant brands in the image of humanity.
Please note: All applicants must have valid Australian working rights.
Clemenger Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and people of all backgrounds to apply.
At Clemenger Group we employ flexible work practices where appropriate, support charities including Peter MacCallum, and undertake a range of environmental initiatives across our businesses.