WE'RE HIRING - HEAD OF PRODUCTION
As Head of Production you will be responsible for leading a top-class Production Team across our UK offices.
You will shape and plan the Production Department, be responsible for liaising with clients, assign jobs to Producers, monitor resources, maintain highest standards and ensure all productions are delivered on time and on budget.
You will have extensive production experience across stills and motion with technical know-how as well as excellent business and financial skills. This will include managing the Production Department budget as well as bringing in freelancers to supplement and support the full-time staff. You will manage the Production Team’s performance by ensuring adequate training, staff development and performance management.
- Day-to-day management of team, workflow, enquiries and live jobs.
- Improve processes and efficiencies across our various platforms such as FileMaker, google suite, slack, dropbox etc
- Coordinate calendars and diaries; update staff and freelance availabilities; assign jobs.
- Compile budget templates and financial procedures (including updates, training, invoice logging, invoicing and digital wraps).
- Maintain and nurture client relationships together with the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Monitor and maintain high production standards.
- Ensure production team are up-to-date on relevant Health & Safety procedures, insurance guidance, accounting and HR procedures.
- Develop and retain production talent, both in-house and freelance.
- Work on live bids and support production tasks where needed.
- Attend shoots where necessary.
- Oversee and manage the Department budget.
- Develop and implement Production Strategy Plan.
- Maintain and run our Sustainability Policy.
- Implementing and monitoring the producers’ sales strategy.
- Contribute to LS Productions' presence at industry events in Manchester, Scotland and London.
- Assess and maintain all supplier contacts and look for economies with regular suppliers, developing new relationships as we move forward.
- Build on the current industry network to help develop a robust, future-proof Scottish (and Northern England) production industry.
- You will report to the Managing Director/Executive Producer.
- Expert knowledge of advertising production procedures, especially bidding and APA guidelines.
- Well-connected and respected in the industry.
- Great organisational skills, being able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Capable of leading a team
- Strong negotiation, budgeting and financial reporting skills.
- Maintain quality standards across the production of all creative work.
- Thorough understanding and experience of the sales processes and the ability to close business deals.
- Ability to manage relationships pro-actively within and across teams, internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills with good time management.
- Ability to work alone, at a distance, while also being part of a wider team.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle stress and react quickly to clients' demands
- Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com by 5th March 2021. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- The application must contain:
- - Email title: HoP Application | NAME
- - Letter of motivation (two pages maximum) addressing your suitability for the position and interest in working with LS Productions.
- - CV (three pages maximum).
- - Two nominated referees with contact details.
- Applications will be shortlisted and only candidates who appear to be suitable will be called for an interview.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Starting date: ASAP
Contract Duration: Full-time
Remuneration: £40k - £60k negotiable based on experience and location
Location: London, Edinburgh or Manchester