Position Title: Senior Designer
Company: George P Johnson
Location: UK – Suffolk Street SE1
Reports to: Creative/Design Director
George P. Johnson is an independent, creatively driven full-service experience marketing agency. For over a century we’ve been partnering with the world’s top brands to deliver creative solutions that make a real difference. Our ideas create impact, inspire audiences and grow business.
Today, we still answer to no one but ourselves. Our business is our business. And that means we focus on what we do best - and how best to do it. It’s an independence that gives us the freedom to be totally transparent. A liberation that keeps us flexible, practical and positively realistic.
Our clear strategic thinking and perceptive creative, breathes life into brands. It’s what turns our goals – and those of our clients, into results. We’re happy working wherever the brief takes us. At home or abroad. On the huge or the hugely important. Our scalability enables us to answer briefs of all shapes and sizes - effectively and efficiently.
And the next 100 years? We’ve a lot planned. And big ambitions to address. Starting today. We’re a hungry agency - more committed and driven than ever. We’ll continue to evolve. To grow. And to search for new disciplines and channels that match the aspirations and vision of our clients. Those we already work with, and those we’ve yet to meet.
One thing’s certain. We won’t stand still. We never have. If we had, we wouldn’t have come this far.
The Senior Designer will work across our client groups. The role will work closely with the Design Director to ensure smooth running of the department ensuring the agency has the best output across all of its creative. You will be leading the design team under guidance of the Design Director and be responsible for ensuring all of our work is the best it can be and becoming a brand guardian across our group of clients.
You will work on the projects throughout the creative process from taking the brief through to concept development working with the team to create exciting, engaging design solutions. As a Senior Designer, your role is also to share knowledge and nurture awareness and learning with colleagues. This role is also required to provide design support on new business pitches.
Our projects are varied, from events, exhibitions, product launches, brand, activation's, retail, digital & mobile.
You will be required to work creating brand guidelines but also working within existing brand guidelines and also be able to take design concepts to new, exciting and innovative levels – always making sure deadlines are met, managing your workload and running several projects at the same time.
Creative Delivery & Output
- Partnering with the senior members of the creative team to contribute to the creative strategy
- Support the creative department on all incoming Client project opportunitie
- Take a lead in developing innovative creative concepts across of all design and creative outputs
- Taking creative and design from concept through final visuals, bringing the ideas to life
- Have a clear understanding of working with and implementing client guidelines and how these execute within space
- Problem solve by working with the wider team to offer creative solutions
Team Working & Management
- Understand the company vision and design identity and drive design consistency across all of our brands
- Taking responsibility for adhering to our clients look and feel and guidelines
- Ensure all work is delivered to the highest standard across all design and creative projects
- Prioritise, schedule and manage workload across multiple projects to ensure design and creative projects are delivered on time
- Strong effective communicator with excellent face-to-face and client relationship skills
- Must be able to clearly communicates and manages expectations of more senior members of the team
- Helps foster a culture of ideas, experimentation and collaboration
- Building strong relationship with other departments in the business
- Actively participates and contributes constructively in meetings
- Develop an understanding and relationship with other disciplines/stakeholders involved in projects across GPJ
- Minimum 7 Years + agency experience or within a similar design/experiential environment
- Previous experience in an agency or within a similar design/experiential environment is essential
- Proven track record in creating excellent design work from concept to production
- Working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process
- Working knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of online and offline design work
- Working Knowledge & proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, and in MS Office & Apple programs
- Onsite event delivery experience
- Ability to handle large scale projects that span across a multiple of medias from print to digital
- Conceptual thinker who can lead creative development with visual problem solving
- Solution focused and proactive problem solver
- An appreciation for great design in general and the relationship between textual and visual elements
- Calm, considered and able to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work independently or part of a wider team
- Loads of enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a demanding and changing environment
- Has an excellent attention to detail, whilst being aware of the bigger picture
- Ability to take feedback and work in a collaborative and helpful way within GPJ
- Working with other team members always ensuring
- Be able to think on your feet while delivering a project onsite
- Be a proactive thinker & have a curious mind - always on the look-out about what could be done with or without a brief to help elevate work
- Be optimistic and lead by example, you demonstrate empathy and your glass is always half full
- Be fascinated by the world and nurture a strong interest in all things art, design, architecture & technology
- Be fearless and disruptive with your creative ideas, collaborative in your approach and you always take pride in your work
- Be a self-starter. Independent, determined with a great attention to detail; you love taking responsibility and problem solving
- Be brave by bring storytelling, big ideas & out-of-the-box thinking to the table and knowledge of how to execute them in a spatial context