Believe is the world’s largest fully independent music distributor and services provider. With 1,000 employees and offices across 44 countries, we offer scalable deals via our 20 brands; including full-service distribution with Believe, DIY distribution via TuneCore, plus artist services and record deals via our in-house label group made up of labels such as AllPoints, Naïve, and Nuclear Blast. In 2018 Believe collected $500M in royalties on behalf of our artists and labels.
Believe Sync is the creative licensing department at Believe. We provide music for advertising, TV, film and video games from a vast and diverse selection of independent music. Working closely with our partners in the creative industries, we offer free creative services including catalogue searches, bespoke recordings and wider brand partnerships with the music and artists we represent.
Believe Sync is looking for a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual based in London to source, negotiate and license sync placements for Believe’s catalogue and frontline roster whilst simultaneously building Believe Sync’s overall presence in the UK market.
As Sync Manager you will be responsible for sourcing, developing and maintaining relationships with clients in the UK market. Based in London with an existing network of contacts, you will also build and maintain relationships with clients in the advertising, TV, film and video games industries. You will travel regionally across the UK with the aim of expanding Believe’s client base.
A passion for and knowledge of a wide variety of music is essential, as is an existing network of clients and an ability to work autonomously.
Job Role / Main Responsibilities
Reporting to the Global Head of Sync and based in the London office, you will handle day-to-day sync activity in the UK – including both creative and licensing work - whilst continuously seeking new business opportunities in the advertising, TV, film and video game industries.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Sourcing, developing and maintaining business relationships with clients across the UK in the advertising, TV, film and video games industries.
• Procuring, leading and contributing to creative pitches.
• Handling quotes, approvals and licensing for deals in the UK and other EU territories from time to time.
• Designing and organizing appropriate marketing and promotional activity for Believe’s frontline roster, including mailouts, gigs and showcases.
• Organizing and maintaining Believe’s online music catalogue. Creating themed playlists, featuring artists and tracks, and tagging music.
• Day-to-day administrative work including license tracking and financial reporting.
• Attending gigs with clients and maintaining a good relationship with Believe’s A&R, digital marketing and in-house label departments across the world.
You should have:
• Experience of working in sync; either at a label or publishing company, or through a music supervision role elsewhere.
• Excellent communication and networking skills - you must be confident meeting new people and seeking new business opportunities, as well as dealing with artists and managers on a day to day basis.
• An outstanding knowledge of, and passion for, independent music.
• A creative mind which is willing and able to answer music briefs openly and thoroughly.
• Excellent time management skills and attention to detail. You must be able to meet short- and long-term targets whilst maintaining a consistently high standard of work.
You should be:
• A passionate self-starter able to work with and without direct supervision.
• An active and well-known member within the UK sync community
• An enthusiastic arts lover who lives and breathes music; you are consistently intrigued and excited by the use of music in moving media, and are willing to try new things to advance this particular area of the industry.
Equal Opportunities Policy
Believe strongly promotes equal treatment regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, martial or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to get back to all applicants.