COMMUNITY & SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
A great opportunity for a social media expert who is passionate about editorial and consumer trends who is looking for an exciting career move in a unique organisation.
Located in London, RANKIN work with world-class and emerging talent across film, photography and publishing.
Working alongside the Editorial and Creative teams and reporting to the Editorial Director you will act as a brand advocate and you will help to drive editorial and brand engagement for an exciting new digital platform focused on pop culture and beauty, as well as delivering on your own strategic vision.
At RANKIN you will be able to be part of a fun and friendly work environment and you will benefit from some of the best career prospects in the industry.
Come and join this unique organisation and its bunch of talented people who thrive in delivering spectacular work time and time again.
At RANKIN we want to change the world, would you like to join us?
The RANKIN Group is Rankin’s new hybrid cultural company encompassing creative services, contract publishing, production, editorial verticals/platforms, and talent representation.
We are a fast growing, thriving cultural community creating great short and long form content on an hourly basis.
We are a team of creatives, directors, photographers, researchers, strategists, producers and editors who collaborate with brands ranging from luxury to FMCG, charities, editorial platforms, beauty, fashion & automotive.
We help brands be culturally relevant through creative communication, campaigns, brand building & content creation.
We create work that is bold, brave & beautiful.
Your day to day at RANKIN
• Manage social media communities for a brand new digital platform, focused on pop culture and beauty. You will create innovative content and interesting ways to get people talking about the platform and build a community from the ground up.
• Contributing to the creative process of developing topical content relevant for all managed communities.
• Coordinate internally to ensure brand consistency and appropriate tone of voice.
• Work cross-functionally with the Editorial and Strategy & Insights teams to drive customer growth, activation and retention.
• Undertake research through a variety of different tools and systems in order to deliver a compelling community insight and delivering engaging community strategies.
• Oversee copywriting for all social platforms, working alongside Editorial Department.
• Monitor and report on views and engagement.
• Managing and interacting with a diverse audience across a variety of social platforms.
• Responsible for campaign analysis, reporting, and communication of KPIs.
• Research into market/ social trends, keep abreast of the latest ad products/ technologies and provide use-case suggestions to help improve KPIs.
• Own and champion the strategic response to projects which ladder up to the wider social and community strategies.
• Managing client relationships and communications as necessary.
Essential skills, experience and personal attributes
• Proven track record of demonstrating exceptional knowledge and understanding of the social media landscape – including content optimisation and publishing algorithms, building and engaging communities, social listening and reporting, planning and execution of socially-led campaigns, and an understanding of the latest technologies impacting key global platforms.
• Significant experience in social media/community management across multiple platforms and preferably for an editorial platform or high-end brand at an international level.
• Expert in social media channels, formats and trends as well as proficient in project management, able to juggle multiple tasks seamlessly and be responsive in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to translate complex channel level observations into actionable insights.
• Excellent analytical skills and an inquisitive, perfectionist and numeric mindset.
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
• Passionate about consumer trends and insights with a natural interest in social media.
• Experience of using community management tools and relevant software.
• Strong project management skills in the creative/content process.
• Experienced user of Google Analytics 360 with a strong ability to derive actionable insights.
• Experienced in leveraging audience signals to improve campaign reach and/or return on ad spend.
• A people person who can work independently and collaboratively with various stakeholders internally and externally.
• Ability to perform under pressure, tolerance for ambiguity, and readiness to adapt to changing priorities dynamically.
How to apply
with ‘Your Name – Community & Social Media Manager’ in the subject field, attaching a CV, and brief cover letter addressing the above criteria.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted. Please note that due to the high level of applications unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
Best of luck and thanks for applying!