Little Black Book is looking for a new content and community assistant to join our editorial and community team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to build a career in the worlds of advertising, journalism and technology.
This role has two key pillars. On the editorial and content side, we’re looking for someone who can manage content submitted by LBB members, navigate LBBonline’s CMS as well as writing content, proof-reading and helping us develop our social media strategy.
On the community side, you’ll be the lynch pin who brings all of LBB’s members together, working with them to make sure they get the most out of the platform, and acting as a key point of contact. The ability to develop friendly and professional relationships across a variety of businesses is key. You’ll work closely with the Head of Content and Community.
The beauty of the role is that it’s an opportunity to learn about the creative industry from the inside-out and, as one of the industry’s fastest growing online community and news platform, the lucky candidate will be able to grow their role within the business. It could be a great first step for someone looking to get into publishing or the advertising industry or a sideways move for someone looking to return to the industry and build new skills. There's also the potential to earn commission.
- Excellent written English
- A familiarity with CMS systems and social media platforms
- Basic HTML
- A proficiency with MS Office packages and an aptitude for learning new software
- Image editing software experience (Adobe Photoshop, GIMP)
- … a proven passion for the creative world and a curiosity about business and technology
- A great attitude goes a LONG way with this role. Attention to detail, consistency and social skills are core.
- Formal journalism/media training or 1-2 years experience at a magazine, website, production company or agency
- Additional languages are always a plus - particularly Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, Japanese.