BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Reports To: Head of EMEA Business Development
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Basic Pay + Commission (dependent on experience)
Taylor James is a creative production studio, in London, New York, Los Angeles & Mexico, that helps leading agencies and brands worldwide tell memorable stories and create powerful campaigns for TV, print and digital media.
As leaders in integrated productions, with a unique mix of creative alchemy and robust production management, we originate concepts and provide full cross-platform solutions by seamlessly integrating design, CGI, animation, photography, live-action and post-production. Our focus is to produce complete productions, from concept to final delivery, by partnering with our clients in a collaborative process to develop their ideas and content.
We have ambitious plans for growth, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right person to be part of this exciting phase of the company’s development.
The primary purpose of a Business Development Manager at Taylor James is to drive sales by building long-term and profitable relationships with new customers as well as growing revenues from existing clients. As part of the EMEA Business Development team you are responsible for elevating our market position within our target sectors (brands/advertisers & advertising agencies) in order to secure profitable, long-term client relationships for the business.
Proactive engagement in core business development activities is required to reach your set KPI’s and targets. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and teamwork are also a vital part of this role. A consultative sales approach is required to uncover opportunities, which are then matched with the relevant Taylor James service offering.
· Meetings – Consistently arranging client meetings with right levels of contact through lead generation, cold calling and emails.
· Presenting – Obtaining, planning, preparing and delivering engaging presentations to clients in both a one to one and larger group environment.
· Communication – Good at questioning, probing and listening to uncover key client challenges and then demonstrating how our products and services meet those needs.
· Sales – Dealing with initial client enquiries and then working alongside the Creative/Production team to develop, negotiate and close a winning proposal that is also profitable for the business.
· Client Management – Ensuring our clients are getting best service from us, which leads to repeat, longer-term business. Keeping customers up to date on our product and service offering.
· Networking – Utilising industry events, press and contacts to stay informed of current market trends and relaying these back to management and marketing for development.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
5+ years’ experience in business development within the marketing, creative or production industries is essential, ideally selling to brands/advertisers and advertising agencies. You will need to demonstrate a solid understanding of our target client’s structure and challenges. A knowledge of part or the whole production process is also advantageous. Other requirements are as follows:
· First rates sales and negotiation skills with a passion for building and maintaining client relationships.
· Confident, persuasive and articulate communicator both in person and in writing
· Positive and tenacious, using intelligence and initiative to achieve results.
· Team player, who can work collaboratively and motivate others in order to reach a common goal.
· A self-motivated individual with a desire to constantly improve themselves, their team and the wider business around them.
· Some overseas travel, mainly within Europe, will be required as part of this role so fluency in a second European language, especially German, is advantageous.
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of Keynote (Apple) and InDesign (Adobe) advantageous.
· Good knowledge of CRM systems (ideally Salesforce)
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘Business Development Manager’ in the subject line.