The Account Manager manages the everyday running of accounts, as well as supporting the Account Director, to help develop a portfolio of accounts within a small team.
The role requires excellent account handling, process, communication and people management skills, as well as an understanding of shopper, activation, retail and digital. In addition, as part of an integrated loop team there should be a degree of understanding of the various media within the broader agency team such as Above The Line, social/digital, PR.
Working across a number of accounts with a focus on on two main accounts. One being a household care company; the other is a Fast Moving Consumer Goods brand company.
Produce original communication concepts and develop UK specific and CEEMEA toolkits together with the advertising Above the Line team and the other channel partners as part of an integrated loop team. The clients account is strategically challenging, and provides an opportunity to work within the marketing development framework. Support the Account Director on the account, and manage the creative team output and planning.
Working on a varied FMCG product portfolio. Our involvement in all the projects is from start to finish of the process, starting with strategy development and ideation, and ending with regional toolkits and artwork delivery.
The Account Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of these clients, including finances, and for identifying and converting new opportunities.
- Essential: Marketing related degree or equivalent
- A strategic thinker who has the ability to manage the day to day
- A solid and flexible client service ethic - there are multiple stakeholders within the client organisation and agency partners, each commands a different approach
- Organised, accurate and with great time management skills
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- A natural team leader
- Gravitas - needs to be a solid no.2 for the Director and capable of true business partnership with the clients
- Proven creative team management skills, and able to judge creative work
- Ambitious and enthusiastic
- Personable, minimal ego, proactive and positive approach
- Fulfilled the role of a AM for at least 1 to 1.5 years at a Shopper Marketing or Activation specialist agency
A breadth of marketing experience, preferably with exposure to a
number of disciplines, but with a solid instore / shopper heritage and
good understanding of e-retailing