The User Experience Director leads our most complex and innovative projects, creating products used by millions of people every day. They have an intuitive feeling for the way products should work and a deep understanding of what users want and need when it comes to digital media. The work includes digital strategy and interaction design across any touch point— web, mobile, social, tablet and in-store. The User Experience Director monitors our projects from the very start. They oversee interdisciplinary teams through research, strategy development, concepting, product definition, and design. We need someone who can be strategic product owner, a team player, and a skilled client partner all rolled into one. They should be decisive and excited to lead their team forward—we need someone who will never tire of pushing the work to be better. In addition to project work, User Experience Directors help to shape the User Experience department, manage and mentor other interaction designers, and play a major role in business development.
- A truly impressive background with experience creating interfaces, large-scale websites, or applications.
- Experience leading interdisciplinary teams in creating killer products that consider innovation and usability. Huge is highly collaborative—we need someone who will not just listen but anticipate the needs, concerns, and input from teammates across departments.
- Experience with senior clients. Someone who is an expert at handling themselves and our clients in every imaginable situation.
- Engaging presentation style and visual communication skills—you should be insanely excited about your work and know how to spread that enthusiasm.
- Someone open to feedback who knows how and when to defend design choices.Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered.Huge is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.